Monday 24 December 2012

5 Christmas Dessert Ideas



With Christmas is less than 48 hours, I figured I would give you a few ides for desserts. I had planned to make a bunch of desserts and blog about it but with the general election, I got sidetracked and busy. I didn't cook at all last week and ate out so much. I did a little bit of baking but it was orders of things that I've already shared with you.

This year, I'm not hosting Christmas dinner at my house. I'm having friends over for Christmas Eve but we're having a Mexican Fiesta with tacos, black beans, guacamole, seven layer dip and sangria. I'm super excited.




On Christmas Day, my bf, son and I are heading up to Four Ways for what I hope will be an epic Christmas brunch. We are going to dinner later that night as well. On Boxing Day, I am heading to my cousin's house and have to bring dessert. I'm going to make an eggnog cheesecake, Dark and Stormy cupcakes and a chocolate peppermint roll. I will take pictures and try to share the recipes but it won't be until after the holidays.

So if you need a few ideas for uncomplicated desserts, here are five great options for your Christmas table. In all the recipes, the butter should be room temperature and soft unless said otherwise. Milk and eggs should also be room temperature. Happy baking!

1) Eggnog Cake/Cupcakes


Make a single layer cake like this one or make it into cupcakes. If you decided to do cupcakes, use my cream cheese icing in the red velvet cupcake recipe, adding a splash of eggnog and a few grates of fresh nutmeg. Delicious and festive!

2) Red Velvet Cupcakes


Easy enough. When I make these over the holidays, I use Christmas cupcake liners and add some red/green sprinkles to make them even more festive.

3) Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies


As I said before, these are my favourite things to bake in the whole world. They are not only delicious but super impressive.

4) Brown Sugar Pound Cake


I get compliments every time I make this cake and you will too. It's easy and delicious.

5) Candy Cane Brownies


This recipe takes regular brownies to the next level with a ton of chocolate, a healthy splash of peppermint extract and crushed candy canes on the top. Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment