Monday 9 July 2012

sweet and tangy grilled chicken



I don't know about you, but we eat a lot of chicken in my house.
I grew up vegan and then vegetarian and moved to meat when I was 14.
But my meat is limited.
I usually only eat lean protein ie fish, chicken and turkey.
I try to eat as healthy as I can while still enjoying my food so I don't buy high-fat meats.
I love, love steak but usually only eat it when I go out and that's about it as far as my protein goes.

So back to chicken.
It gets boring quickly and I'm always trying to find ways to make chicken exciting without it being monotonous.
Enter this chicken.
It's based off a recipe I found on Pioneer Woman, using similar items that I had in the house.
It totally takes boring away from grilled chicken and I can't wait to make it again!

So let's get started.

Here is what you will need.

Balsamic vinaigrette, brown sugar (I only had regular), chicken breasts, olive oil and grill seasoning.


Combine 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette, a tablespoon of sugar, a tablespoon of grill seasoning and a tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and whisk. 



Put the chicken in the bowl and toss around in the marinade. 

Pour chicken and marinade into a plastic ziploc bag and marinate in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight. 


This chicken can be grilled on an actual grill/barbecue, a grill pan or a griddle. 
I pulled out my griddle. 


Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. 



Doesn't it look good :)

This chicken is sweet, salty and tangy with a ton of flavour. 

It's one of my new favourite chicken recipes. 

I served it with a warm potato salad (recipe coming) and steamed broccoli. 





Such a great, yet simple Sunday dinner.

Enjoy!


Sweet and Tangy Grilled Chicken
1/4 cup balsamic vinagrette
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon grill seasoning (I used McCormick chicken rub)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 chicken breast or 8 chicken tenders

Instructions
1. Combine everything but chicken in a bowl and whisk.
2. Add chicken to the bowl and toss around in marinade.
3. Pour chicken and marinade into a ziploc bag.
4. Marinate for three hours or overnight.
5. Grill on grill, barbecue, grill pan or griddle on both sides until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment