Tuesday 21 August 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza



Ah, pizza.
Possibly my single favourite thing to eat ever.
I know I've said that about mac and cheese and I will probably say it about mushroom risotto, filet mignon with mash potatoes and fried fish with french fries, but seriously, I love pizza!

I started out like many just eating cheese pizza and it still remains my favourite but I've managed to branch out.
One of my favourite pizzas is the Vegetali Pizza from La Trattoria here in Bermuda.
It's a very thin crust pizza topped with roasted vegetables.
It is completely amazing and gooey and yummy.

The first time I had BBQ chicken pizza was at California Pizza Chicken in Natick Mall in Massachusetts.
We would go there at least once a month to do shopping when I lived in Massachusetts as a teenager with my mom, brother and sister.
I loved those outings because it automatically meant eating at CPK which was almost just as good as eating at Cheesecake Factory.
Anyways, this pizza has stuck with me and it's my favourite to make at home.

I usually make pizza when I have no idea what I feel like eating but need to pull something together quickly.
This is more of a method rather than a recipe.
I forgot to take a photo of the ingredients, but here is what we need: 1 tube of refrigerated pizza crust (or homemade when I have time), 1 bag pizza cheese, 1/2 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce, leftover chicken breast, thinly sliced onions.



Open the can of dough and roll out of on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
Make sure you push it as close as possible to the edges of the pan to ensure a thin crust.
Prebake for eight minutes.


Meanwhile, slice an onion thinly.
Use as much or as little as you like.



Once the dough is ready, put about 1/2 a cup of barbecue sauce on the pizza and spread it to the edges.



Top pizza with cheese, then chopped chicken and onions.
If you don't have any chicken cooked, roast or grill a chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper and give it a rough dice.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.



I prebaked my crust a bit too long so the edges are a bit dark but of course, I dont mind.
Anything gooey and cheesy is good in my book :)

Enjoy!

Barbecue Chicken Pizza
1 pizza crust or refrigerated pizza dough
1 bag pizza cheese
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
left over chicken breast, chopped
thin slices of onion

Instructions
1. Roll out pizza dough onto cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
2. Press out as close to the edges as it can go.
3. Prebake crust in 425 degree oven for 8 minutes.
4. Once out of oven, top with barbecue sauce then cheese, chicken and onions.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese and bubbly and crust is brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment