Wednesday 1 August 2012

local eats


I love to eat out.
I can't remember if I've said this before but I really do.
I don't always go out for a full meal, sometimes just tapas and drinks.

On Monday night, my girlfriend Kelly and I decided to do just that.
Amari is in England and her two daughters are in Toronto so we had no responsibilities :)
So we decided to head down to Taste 141 in Seon Place for a fabulous meal of starters.

We like taste for three reasons: 1. Chef Tammy Jones is amazing. 2. Her food is outstanding. 3. Kia, the bartender equals a night or lunch of pure entertainment!



We requested a martini that wasn't too sweet, was vodka based and a touch tart.
I have no idea what was in that glass but it was damn good.
That's Kelly's hand in the way!



These are Tammy's fish tacos.
There are soo good and make me very happy.
It's fried fish with fresh pico de gallo and some kind of spicy cream sauce underneath.
Amazing and very light.



I know you want to know what this is.
It's called Mozza Mia, basically a ball of mozzarella cheese covered in a balsamic reduction, olive oil, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper.
It was sooo good.
I don't usually go for mozzarella, I'm more of a Brie, Goat's or Havarti girl.
I like a creamy cheese but this was to die for.


It came with crostini.
Simple but yummy.




This is bacon jam.
Yes, I said bacon jam.
I don't normally eat pork but when the bacon comes out and the smell hits your nose, you have to eat it.
I've been coming to Taste since it opened in January and hadn't tried to jam.
Chef Tammy remedied that quickly!

So needless to say, I adore the food at Taste.
It's simple, rustic, well executed food that always makes me incredibly happy.
Plus Chef Tammy is the coolest cook I know.
Check them out for breakfast, lunch or drinks and tapas after work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment