Thursday 30 August 2012

Local eats- Swizzle Inn



Last night, I had planned to take Amari to Harbour Nights but it got cancelled due to rain that lasted about five minutes.
So I had to come up with a backup plan since I promised him a night out.
Enter Swizzle Inn.
Amari loves to eat here and regularly says it's his favourite place.
The food is usually good so I don't mind eating there.
And the Swizzle is fantastic.



For those of you who aren't familiar with Swizzle, it is a pub with a pub menu.
It attracts as many tourists as locals.
There is a downstairs and upstairs, both have outdoor dining.
They are known of course for their swizzle but also burgers, wings, pizzas and more importantly, nachos.



Ah, Barbecue Chicken Nachos.
I order these every single time I come here.
And they are perfect every single time.
They come with chicken, barbecue sauce, a mix of cheeses, jalapenos, tomatoes, black bean and corn salsa, sour cream and scallions.
This is the junior size, a bargain for $9.75 considering how massive the plate is.
I usually eat about 3/4 of this plate, unapologetically :)



Amari always gets one of two things: pizza and fries or chicken nuggets and fries.
Last night, he chose pizza.
He also got a fruit punch.
He said the food was yummy but he only are half the pizza so who knows.
I think he just likes being in a restaurant where he can make noise :)


We went to Double Dip after and got chocolate and vanilla soft serve in two cones. 
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment