Thursday 15 November 2012

Local Eats @ Tribe Road Kitchen + The Newport



Have you ever had a breakfast that was simply the most amazing thing that you have ever eaten? That happened to my boyfriend and I last weekend. On Saturday morning, we decided we would go to Tribe Road Kitchen for breakfast. I have been a fan of this place for over a year now, especially of their breakfast. I first tried the breakfast earlier this year and had chicken and waffles. They were to die for so I knew I had to go again soon. The boy was game so off to Tribe Road we went.





These are carrot cake pancakes. Yes, carrot cake pancakes and they were AMAZING! The boy said they were the best pancakes he had ever eaten ( I was mildly offended because I make pretty awesome pancakes!). These pancakes had all the flavours of carrot cake in a light and fluffy pancake. There were actual carrots and raisins and cream cheese frosting with maple syrup on top. My only complaint was there was too much cream cheese. I think it would have worked better as a drizzle. It got a bit too sweet for me seeing as we were having breakfast. Regardless, these were pretty awesome pancakes!



This is chicken and waffles. But not any chicken and waffles. These are pecan waffles and boneless fried chicken thighs. This dish is absolute perfection. The waffles and chicken are drizzles with maple syrup and have hot sauce on the side. It also comes with watermelon to cool things down if it gets too hot for you. This is probably my favourite breakfast because it combines sweet and savoury in teh most perfect way. I have to give Russell and Karstan a big thumbs up. If you haven't tried Tribe Road, please do yourself a favour and get there asap.

The night before, we went to The Newport, A Gastropub for dinner. The boy pigged out, I had a couple appetizers and dessert. It was fabulous to say the least.




He had the drunken mussels which were delicious. I had burrata with caramelised onions and roasted tomatoes on ciabatta. It was excellent. My only criticism was that the dish could have been warm.


For our mains, I had gnudi with wild mushrooms and pine nuts in a cream sauce. It was divine and the perfect amount of food for me.


The boy had the special of the day which was seared Wahoo and veal with mashed potatoes and veg. He liked it but said it wasn't great.


For dessert, we shared a chocolate torte with black cherries on top and vanilla ice cream on the side. It was very good. Check out Newport when you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment