Tuesday 9 October 2012

Local Eats (again) + Partner Re 5k


I ran a 5k on Sunday with my girls Jamila and Alia. It was the 15th annual Partner Re 5k women-only race and proceeds go to a different charity every year. This year, the chosen charity was the Women's Resource Centre and they certainly deserve it for all the work they do to help and protect women.







But let's talk about the race. It started at 9am and it was incredibly hot. There were 1,100 participants a record. I've written my take on the race. You can read it here.

Now, lets talk food.


I went to The Newport, a Gastropub with the big boy and the small boy on Friday night. We went to taste the Oktoberfest menu and it was divine. This was the main course- a roulade of beef with mashed potato, braised cabbage and bread dumplings Absolutely delicious and amazing. I wrote a review of the meal which you can read here.

And just so you know, I am still cooking. This post isn't a cop out. I just figured I'd let you in on what I've been up to lately. I have a few recipes to share with you this week including an apple cake and a turkey sweet potato chipotle shepard's pie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment