Tuesday 30 October 2012

Local Eats @ Grand Cafe


Yes, that's me stuffing my face. It's not an unusual sight at all. I love to eat and eat all day long with no apologies. Today, I met up with my friend Nadia for lunch at this new spot called Grand Cafe. It's at the old Greg's Steakhouse. The menu looked decent and the prices were even better. As we all know, food is very expensive in Bermuda so when you can find good food for cheap, I'm there!





We figured we would try it out and hope for the best. I quite enjoy trying new restaurants and unfamiliar dishes. The thing that Grand Cafe does that is genius is offer two sizes of each item on the menu. You can get petite or grand for about $2 to $3 difference. This is a great option for days when you don't want a ton of food and days when you can eat everything on the table.


This is the lovely Nadia by the way. We've been friends for almost eight years despite being, as she says, "polar opposites". She had the fish sandwich.


She asked for it on wheat toast with lettuce and tomato. It was fried and tartar came on the side. Nadia said it was OK, nothing special.


I had the chicken shawarma and it was soo good. I love chicken shawarma and have fond memories of getting one outside of Cafe Cairo after a night of drinking. This had great flavour and was very filling. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a Middle Eastern wrap stuffed with chicken, onion, garlic, tomato and parsley. It came with a garlic dipping sauce on the side.


We shared a small order of fries as well. They were crisp and salty.

If you get a chance, try out Grand Cafe. They have sandwiches, wraps, burgers, pizza, appetisers and a buffet with hot food and salad. Our meal came to a grand total of $22. I think that alone is enough reason to eat here.



No comments:

Post a Comment