Friday 19 October 2012

Local Eats @ Blu Bar and Grill


Yes, this is a plate of sushi.  A plate filled with delicious looking sushi. And in case you can't tell, there is a half lobster on this plate filled with sushi. It's lobster season here in Bermuda and lobster is definitely popping up on the sushi menus. We didn't eat this. I just took a picture because it was so pretty.

So, I went to Blu last Friday with the boy, my gf Kelly and her hubby Donte. We went to the Masterworks Gallery first for the Charman Prize, an art show with the top prize of $10,000. Kelly is an artist and paints these amazing florals on canvass. She won honourable mention for her category. We feel 100 percent that she was robbed! Regardless of the non win, we had a great night.





After the show, we went to Blu for dinner. We decided to sit at the bar so that it wasn't formal or stuffy. Kelly and Donte love sushi, as do I. The boy does not and said he wouldn't kiss me if I ate sushi. I rolled my eyes. So they went ahead and ordered a few things and we went the non sushi way.


This extremely overexposed photo is the remnants of this amazing crab and artichoke dip that we shared. It came with tortilla chips and baguette and was wonderful. It was creamy, cheesy and still had a great crab flavour. We inhaled it :)


We ordered a barbecue chicken pizza that came with artichokes and red peppers. I have already discussed with you my love for barbecue chicken pizza and shared a recipe for it as well. But this was probably the best barbecue chicken pizza I have had. It was really saucy and tangy with the perfect amount of cheese to toppings ratio. And it was big. We didn't eat it all. But trust me, I wanted to shove that last piece of pizza in my mouth but then the button of my jeans might have popped off :)


This is a yummy roll. I have been eating these for years. It's spicy tuna flash fried. There is no rice on this roll, just the sushi paper and panko. And of course it's covered in special sauce. The boy actually tried a piece of this and said he liked it but wouldn't eat anymore. Kelly and I mashed this up :)



This was Kelly and Donte's main course. A riceless California roll and a crazy roll. I'm not sure what was going on with the crazy roll, but I think there was crab on top. I didn't try it but they both enjoyed it.

We decided against dessert because we were stuffed. Check out Blu if you are looking for a casual dinner with excellent food. They also do an amazing Sunday Brunch that is my favourite on the island.
Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment