Tuesday 16 October 2012

Pumpkin Blondies with Salted Caramel


These blondies are serious. But let's have a quick chat before we get into to them. So this past weekend I did a lot of cooking and baking and eating this weekend so I have plenty to share with you this week. I made these blondies, ginger cookies, a butternut squash soup, vegetable enchiladas and I had a fabulous dinner at Blu Bar and Grill which I will write about later this week. All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I am all set to have a fabulous week of food blogging :)




So let's talk blondies. In case you didn't know, I love, love, love blondies. In fact, I make quite a few different kinds but of course have my go to version which you can see here. But since it's fall, I want to make food with fall flavours. Pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, apple, etc. I love pumpkin and figured why not throw them into a blondie. I did a bit of research and found a recipe on Baked Bree but of course I tweaked it to my own liking. These are seriously the best thing I have ever made. I know I've said it before but seriously, these are damn good. You need to get your butt in the kitchen and make them! Let's get started.


Here's what we need:

two cups flour
one teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (I forgot about this)
one teaspoon baking soda
one teaspoon salt
two stick room temperature butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
one large egg
two teaspoons vanilla
one cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup salted caramel


Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Add the egg and vanilla.


Add the pumpkin puree and mix about a minute.


Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.


The mixture should look like this.



Spread half the batter in a 9x13 or 9x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray and bake in a 350 degree oven for ten minutes. 


Pour the caramel onto the batter after ten minutes. Excuse the crap photo :)


Spread the remaining batter on top. Please be patient. This will take some time and you will get annoyed because it's a pain in the ass but just think of how good they will taste when they come out :)Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes then cut into squares. 


I wish I took a photo of them when they came out or when I cut them up or even when I ate one. But the truth is, I completely forgot to take photos of these blondies because they are that good and all I wanted to do was shove the whole pan in my face! You're gonna love these babies, I promise. 
Enjoy!

Pumpkin Blondies with Salted Caramel

Ingredients
two cups flour
one teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (I forgot about this)
one teaspoon baking soda
one teaspoon salt
two stick room temperature butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
one large egg
two teaspoons vanilla
one cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup salted caramel

Instructions
1) Heat an oven to 350 degrees. 
2) Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about two minutes. 
3) Add the egg and vanilla.
4) Add the pumpkin puree and mix about a minute.
5) Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 
6) Spread half the batter in a 9x13 or 9x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray and bake for ten minutes. 
7) Pour caramel on the batter then cover with remaining batter.
8) Bake for 20 minutes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment